Sanusi Maradun, a former Commissioner for Social Welfare in Zamfara, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
NAN reports that Maradun announced his defection on Saturday in Gusau, Zamfara State capital.
The politician said he decided to join the APC based on its success in retaining grassroots politics in the state.
“Anybody who wants to develop in politics must embrace APC under the leadership of the former governor of the state, Abdul’aziz Yari.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- My landlord’ son hacks my phone, Facebook, business page, Lady cries out
- Two players disqualified from Nigeria League
- True Story: Lady kills her daughter just to satisfy her new husband
- Okada Bans: Lagos set to clampdown on Keke
- Nollywood actor arrested, paraded as an ESN operative
“I served in Yari’s cabinet as a commissioner and I know the kind of efforts he made during his tenure to promote human and infrastructure development.”
Maradun described the APC as the only vibrant political party in the state.
He commended the state APC caretaker committee and the stakeholders for reconciling warring factions.
Maradun expressed optimism that the party would win the 2023 governorship election.