“After the latest PCR Sars-Cov2 test, Marco Verratti is confirmed positive. He will isolate and be subject to appropriate health protocol,” PSG said in a statement.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- My landlord’ son hacks my phone, Facebook, business page, Lady cries out
- Two players disqualified from Nigeria League
- True Story: Lady kills her daughter just to satisfy her new husband
- Okada Bans: Lagos set to clampdown on Keke
- Nollywood actor arrested, paraded as an ESN operative
Italy midfielder Verratti, 28, will also miss PSG’s top-of-the-table clash with Lille on Saturday, with the teams in first and second place and locked on 63 points.
This is the second time this year that Verratti has contracted Covid-19. He missed two Ligue 1 matches between the end of January and the start of February due to a positive virus test.
His absence will make the task harder for PSG coach Mauricio Pochettino as his will also be without Verratti’s midfield partner Leandro Paredes.
Bayern will be without star striker Robert Lewandowski for Wednesday’s match at the Allianz Arena after the Pole was ruled out for nearly a month with a knee injury picked up on international duty.