Paris Saint-Germain forward, Neymar, has put contract talks with the club on hold and is keen to return to Barcelona, ARA reports.
The 29-year-old’s current deal with the Ligue 1 champions is due to expire next June.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Diya will be remembered for patriotism, Tinubu mourns ex-CGS
- Abacha’s Chief Of Staff Diya dies at 79
- AFCONQ: Super Eagles depart to Bissau for Djurtus clash (videos)
- I believe Obasanjo is not a fully-fledged Yoruba”, Fani-Kayode, gives reason
- Maritime Safety: NIMASA, NCC close ranks on submarine cable regulation in Nigeria
But it had been thought Neymar was on the verge of signing a new long-term contract in Paris.
Talk of a return to Barca has quietened in recent months, with the Catalan giants believed to be focusing on keeping Lionel Messi and bringing Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Braut Haaland to Camp Nou.
However, it is understood Neymar has put the brakes on renewal talks, as he wants to return to Spain to play alongside Messi.
Messi is now said to be leaning towards extending his stay at Barca rather than leaving on a free transfer amid interest from Manchester City.