Lauretta Onochie, Senior Special Assistant on Social Media to the President Muhammadu Buhari said this on Monday.
She stated this on Monday following Imo attacks which the police have accused members of the Indigenous People of Biafra of being the masterminds.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- APGA factional leader, Edozie Njoku jailed by court
- How 21-year-old woman reunites with her biological mother after her social media post went viral
- Appeal court reinstates all PDP candidates in Ogun
- Nigeria building plants to process gold, other minerals
- I left N14 billion for Ademola Adeleke, Gboyega Oyetola
IPOB denied carrying out the attacks. Onochie, who is from Southern Nigeria, tweeted a video showing the then Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, receiving the then Biafran Vice President, Major General Philip Effiong, who facilitated the surrender of the Biafran State to Nigeria in 1970.
Effiong had assumed leadership of the secessionist state after the Biafran leader, Colonel Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, fled to Ivory Coast in the heat of the civil war.
“The very day nails were put in the coffin of Biafra. There’ll never be Biafra again, Never!” the President’s aide captioned the video.