Lauretta Onochie, Senior Special Assistant on Social Media to the President Muhammadu Buhari said this on Monday.
She stated this on Monday following Imo attacks which the police have accused members of the Indigenous People of Biafra of being the masterminds.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Abacha’s Chief Of Staff Diya dies at 79
- AFCONQ: Super Eagles depart to Bissau for Djurtus clash (videos)
- I believe Obasanjo is not a fully-fledged Yoruba”, Fani-Kayode, gives reason
- Maritime Safety: NIMASA, NCC close ranks on submarine cable regulation in Nigeria
- Army Chief dismisses report of alleged massacre of children by Soldiers
IPOB denied carrying out the attacks. Onochie, who is from Southern Nigeria, tweeted a video showing the then Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, receiving the then Biafran Vice President, Major General Philip Effiong, who facilitated the surrender of the Biafran State to Nigeria in 1970.
Effiong had assumed leadership of the secessionist state after the Biafran leader, Colonel Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, fled to Ivory Coast in the heat of the civil war.
“The very day nails were put in the coffin of Biafra. There’ll never be Biafra again, Never!” the President’s aide captioned the video.