The British public can now think about booking summer vacations abroad but there were still risks, transport minister Grant Shapps said on Friday after the government unveiled details of its new traffic light system for travel.
“I’m not telling people that they shouldn’t book some holidays now, it’s the first time I’ve been able to say that for many months, I think everybody doing it understands there are risks with coronavirus,” Shapps told Sky News.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- How 21-year-old woman reunites with her biological mother after her social media post went viral
- Appeal court reinstates all PDP candidates in Ogun
- Nigeria building plants to process gold, other minerals
- I left N14 billion for Ademola Adeleke, Gboyega Oyetola
- Equatorial Guinea president, 80, win another term
“For the first time, people can start to think about visiting loved ones abroad, or perhaps a summer holiday, but we’re doing it very, very cautiously because we don’t want to see any return of coronavirus in this country.”