Men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, popularly known as Amotekun, have arrested two suspected kidnappers and rescued three travellers along the Ifira-Akoko/Idoani Road in Ose Local Government Area of the state.
The victims – Adewale Adebisi, Ahan Mary and Ladi Bude – were said to have been kidnapped by some armed men while travelling with other church members from Benue State to Akure, the Ondo State capital in the early hours of Saturday.
It was gathered that the kidnappers flagged down the vehicle in which the victims were travelling, ordered the occupants out and took them into a nearby forest.
However, the kidnappers ran out of luck as men of Amotekun corps on getting wind of the incident, stormed the area in search of the victims in the forest, and succeeded in rescuing the victims.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Tinubu promises to revive Ajaokuta, dredge River Niger
- Ezekhome explains why Supreme Court suspended old naira notes deadline
- Turkey Earthquake: Controversy trails Ghanaian player, Christian Atsu’s whereabouts
- INEC likes tweet where Seun Kuti calls Peter Obi ‘opportunist’, ‘capitalist’
- Portable finally reveals why he is always ‘fighting’ on social media
The Commander of Amotekun Corps in Ondo State, Adetunji Adeleye, confirmed the rescue of the three victims to journalists on Sunday.
He disclosed that his men responded immediately after the distress call and they were able to rescue the victims safely.
Adeleye promised that the corps will continue to protect the lives of the people, warning all criminal elements to desist or leave the state.