Nigerian law student dies after eating cannabis sweet in London

Nigerian law student dies after eating cannabis sweet in London

A Nigerian studying law in the United Kingdom has reportedly died after eating a cannabis sweet in London.

Ms Damilola Grace Olakanmi, Hertfordshire business law undergraduate was said to bought the “gummies” via a messaging App on her phone and delivered to her home.

She and her 21-year-old friend later fell ill after consuming the sweet.

RECOMMENDED ARTICLES

Ms Olakanmi was taken by air ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, Romford in a critical condition.

Her mother Wumi, 51, a churchgoer, kept a vigil by her bedside until she lost her fight for life on Saturday, April 2.

octors later discharged Ms Olakanmi’s friend, a US student visiting the UK, from hospital.

Justice campaigner and relative, Richard Taylor, 75, consoled the student’s distraught mother on Sunday.

“Wumi has lost her only child – she has nothing now,” he told The Standard. “They had to hold her up because she broke down every time a friend came to the house to give support.


“It’s a tragic warning to all young people about how they live their lives. They should resist drugs. Damilola was a promising young woman who should be looking forward to her future and having children of her own. She was studying law.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: