An aircraft of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has gone missing in the northern part of Nigeria.
NAF spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, announced late on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 that the aircraft lost radar contact during a routine mission.
The aircraft was supporting troops at one of the Theatres of Operation in the Northern part of the country, according to the brief statement.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Appeal court reinstates all PDP candidates in Ogun
- Nigeria building plants to process gold, other minerals
- I left N14 billion for Ademola Adeleke, Gboyega Oyetola
- Equatorial Guinea president, 80, win another term
- Nigeria’s president tasks monarchs on peaceful polls
“Efforts are currently ongoing to locate its whereabout. Details to follow,” Gabkwet said.
The Armed Forces of Nigeria have numerous Theatres of Operation combating Boko Haram terrorists in the northeast region, and bandits in the other parts of the north.
Seven personnel of the Force died in February when an aircraft crashed near the Abuja airport after reporting engine failure.
The aircraft had been on its way to Niger State to help in the rescue efforts of school students kidnapped by bandits.