Manchester United are reportedly considering making Paul Pogba the highest paid player in the Premier League with a mouth watering £400,000 per week new deal as they look to tie the Frenchman down.
Pogba has entered the final year of his current deal at Old Trafford, and he is on a current salary of £300,000-a-week, but United are keen to prevent him going into the new season with his future still uncertain.
According to The Sun, the club are now ready to offer him £400,000-a-week contract over the next five years to convince him to stay in Manchester.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- APGA factional leader, Edozie Njoku jailed by court
- How 21-year-old woman reunites with her biological mother after her social media post went viral
- Appeal court reinstates all PDP candidates in Ogun
If United can’t agree on a deal with Pogba, the club will sell him off to prevent him going on a free next summer.
Once Pogba returns from the Euros later this summer the contract offer will be presented to him.
The 28-year-old commented last week that his focus was on his country in Euro 2020 and not his contract situation.
‘I have one year left on my contract, everyone knows that,’ Pogba said in a press conference. ‘There have been no concrete proposals for extensions. I’m still in Manchester.
‘After the season there was the vacation, so I didn’t sit down with the managers and coach. I’m focused on the Euro.’ He added
Below is the list of the Premier League’s top earners.
1. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – £385,000 p/w
2. David De Gea (Manchester United) – £375,000 p/w
3. Paul Pogba (Manchester United) – £300,000 p/w
4. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) – £300,000 p/w
5 . Timo Werner (Chelsea) – £270,000 p/w