Neymar has been suspended for Paris Saint-Germain’s next two Ligue 1 matches after being sent off in their loss to title rivals Lille last weekend, the French league (LFP) said Wednesday.
The Brazilian forward was given two yellow cards, the second for a late push on Tiago Djalo, who was also dismissed.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- APGA factional leader, Edozie Njoku jailed by court
- How 21-year-old woman reunites with her biological mother after her social media post went viral
- Appeal court reinstates all PDP candidates in Ogun
- Nigeria building plants to process gold, other minerals
- I left N14 billion for Ademola Adeleke, Gboyega Oyetola
Neymar also tried to confront Djalo again in the hallway leading to the dressing rooms.
He will miss Saturday’s game at Strasbourg and the match against struggling Saint-Etienne on April 18.
It was Neymar’s second sending off of the campaign, and his fourth in as many seasons since joining PSG from Barcelona.
The defending champions sit three points behind new Ligue 1 leaders Lille with seven matches remaining.