A Lagos-based pastor, Frederick Aramuwa has been found dead after being kidnapped while travelling along the Ipele/Idoani Road in Ondo State.
Aramuwa who was travelling from Lagos to his hometown, Ifira-Akoko in Ondo State had reportedly been missing since March 31.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- US: Gov. Dapo Abiodun ‘aide’, Abidemi Rufai sentences to five years in prison for $350,000 fraud
- People misunderstand my personality, Burna Boy
- Nigerian reacts as Policemen look on as ‘Agberos’ clash at Iyana-Iba, Lagos (videos)
- Japan holds state funeral for Shinzo Abe amid protests
- Bandits are animals; Matawalle says as he justifies death penalty
His kidnappers reportedly demanded for 10 million ransom, which was reduced to 2 million after negotiations.
Channels Television gathered that after the 2 million ransom was paid, it was the lifeless body of the pastor that was discovered in the forest. His remains have since been deposited in the morgue at the General Hospital, Ipe-Akoko.
Ondo State Police Command, DSP Tee-Leo Ikoro who confirmed the death of the pastor said the deceased’s remains were discovered tied to a tree in the forest.
Ikoro added that other persons kidnapped along with the pastor have been rescued by the police and efforts to arrest those behind the abduction and murder is ongoing.