Gunmen suspected to be bandits have killed the Chairman, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association in Nasarawa State, Alhaji Mohammed Hussain, and his counterpart in Toto Local Government Area, Mohammed Umar.
Police Public Relations Officer, Ramham Nansel, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday morning.
Namsel said Hussain and Umar were murdered in Garaku, Kokona, LGA, on Friday night during an attack.
He said, “On 2/4/2021, at about 7 pm, information was received that unknown gunmen suspected to be Fulani bandits attacked and killed one Mohammed Hussaini, the Chairman, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Nasarawa State and Mohammed Umar, the Chairman, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Toto LGA at Garaku market.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Abacha’s Chief Of Staff Diya dies at 79
- AFCONQ: Super Eagles depart to Bissau for Djurtus clash (videos)
- I believe Obasanjo is not a fully-fledged Yoruba”, Fani-Kayode, gives reason
- Maritime Safety: NIMASA, NCC close ranks on submarine cable regulation in Nigeria
- Army Chief dismisses report of alleged massacre of children by Soldiers
“Upon receipt of the information, the Commissioner of Police, CP Bola Longe, swiftly deployed Operation Puff Adder II personnel to the scene where the two corpses were recovered and taken to the hospital.”
He said the corpses were deposited at Anthony memorial Mortuary for post mortem after being confirmed dead by a medical doctor.