Germany coach, Joachim Low, has slammed Timo Werner for his shocking miss from close range, as they lost 2-1 to North Macedonia on Wednesday in Duisburg.
It was surprise home defeat for the four-time World Cup-winners in the Qatar 2022 home qualifier.
Goran Pandev opened scoring, before Ilkay Gundogan made it 1-1 from the penalty spot.
Werner had the chance to put Germany in front, only to scuff his shot wide from inside the penalty box.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- NIMASA: Winning Icon award is a challenge to work harder, Dr. Jamoh
- APC clears AGF Abubakar Malami for Kebbi governorship election
- BREAKING: One dead as another building collapse in Lagos
- Mbappe snubs Real Madrid, extends contract with PSG
- Uproar in Bauchi over alleged blasphemy; pastor injured, houses burnt
Eljif Elmas made it 2-1 with five minutes left to seal a historic win.
“He must put that ball away, no question at all.
“He has shown here he can score goals.
“But he doesn’t hit the ball right with his left foot, if he makes a clean contact with the ball it’s a goal,” Joachim Low said on RTL after the match.