President Muhammadu Buhari’s official driver, Sa’idu Afaka is dead.
He passed away at the State House Clinic on Tuesday after a prolonged illness.
Buhari has extended his condolences to the family of Afaka, a Master Warrant Officer,
The President, in a statement by Garba Shehu, his spokesman, also condoled with the government and people of Kaduna State.
Buhari described the late Afaka as an honest, capable and reliable person who handled his job with utmost care and responsibility.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Court sentences Hilton Hotel owner Dr Adedoyin to death over OAU student., Adegoke’s murder
- President Tinubu directs DSS to immediately vacate EFCC office
- SSS blocks EFCC officials from accessing Lagos office
- “That’s part of protocol”, reacts as Tinubu’s Chief protocol blocks lawmaker Akin Alabi on Twitter
- “We will remember him”, Gov Makinde mourns Raymond Dokpesi
He recalled that in 2016 the soldier, while on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, picked up a bag containing a large amount of foreign currencies and turned it over to the National Hajj Commission.
The action earned Afaka praises from the Saudi and Nigerian authorities.
Buhari prayed the Almighty Allah to ‘”bless the soul of the departed with an elevated place in heavens,”.
The Nigerian leader also wished the family and friends divine comfort.