President Muhammadu Buhari has condoled with the family, friends and acquaintances of Mr Yinka Odumakin, Spokesman of Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, over the passing away of the activist.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Odumakin was also Buhari’s spokesman when he ran for president on the platform of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).
In a condolence message issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Saturday, the president described Odumakin as dutiful, and a person of conviction.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Tinubu is a drug trafficker, not qualified to contest Nigerian Presidency, Peter Obi tells Elections tribunal
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu gives update on Lagos Red line Railway (photos)
- CBN increases interest rate to 18%
- I will die soon, my time is near, Odumeje reveals
- BBC urges staff to ditch TikTok over data fears
He expressed sorrow at his demise, especially at a time when he had a lot more to contribute to the society and the nation at large.
Buhari prayed God to grant repose to the soul of the departed activist and comfort all those mourning him.