Bayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry has tested positive for Covid-19, the club has confirmed, handing the Champions League holders a blow ahead of their quarter-final reunion with Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old was absent from training on Tuesday ahead of Hansi Flick’s side’s first-leg encounter with Mauricio Pochettino’s Ligue 1 giants, leading to reports suggesting that he had been sidelined for one reason or another.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- US: Gov. Dapo Abiodun ‘aide’, Abidemi Rufai sentences to five years in prison for $350,000 fraud
- People misunderstand my personality, Burna Boy
- Nigerian reacts as Policemen look on as ‘Agberos’ clash at Iyana-Iba, Lagos (videos)
- Japan holds state funeral for Shinzo Abe amid protests
- Bandits are animals; Matawalle says as he justifies death penalty
“Serge Gnabry has tested positive for Coronavirus. The FC Bayern forward is feeling fine and is now quarantining at home,” the club confirmed in a brief statement posted to their Twitter account.”